At each of the following sites along South Parkway (now called Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive) there is a multi-media, interactive installation, on view for one night only on October 7th, 2011.
While some of the buildings are still standing, others like the Regal Theater and Savoy Ballroom were demolished in the 1970s. For this reason, the buildings that are currently in those areas will be used for the installations. The following are the five locations that will be highlighted.
- 3501 South Parkway | Supreme Life Building
- 3656 South Parkway | Lutrelle and Jorja Palmer Mansion
- 4445 South Parkway | Metropolitan Funeral Systems Association (New Chicago Defender & Blanc Gallery Building)
- 4719 South Parkway | The Regal Theater (demolished)
- 4733 South Parkway | The Savoy Ballroom (demolished)